What better way to initiate a new Woodstyles chopping block than to chop up loads of fresh veggies? We found this moreish Asian Salad and loved it! It is the perfect dish for balmy spring days, and the sriracha peanut dressing gives it a protein-packed kick.
Asian Salad with Sriracha Peanut Dressing
Prep Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 head red cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 heaping cup snow peas, ends trimmed and julienned
- 1/4 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
1 cup roasted salted peanuts, roughly chopped
1 package Top Ramen noodles, roughly broken
Chopped Rotisserie chicken
Sriracha Peanut Dressing:
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter (may sub crunchy)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 tsp EACH garlic powder, ginger powder, dried basil
- 1/4 tsp EACH salt, pepper
- 1 tablespoon sriracha more or less to taste
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C (to toast peanuts and Ramen noodles).
- Meanwhile, whisk together all dressing ingredients in a medium bowl. Taste and season with additional salt, pepper and sriracha as desired. Chill in the refrigerator. (Best if chilled at least 30 minutes)
- Add broken Ramen noodles to half of a large baking sheet in a single layer and the peanuts to the other half. Bake at 425 degrees F for approximately 7-10 minutes, or until golden in some places, stir and bake an additional 1-2 minutes or until Ramen is mostly golden (it won’t be even, so don’t worry about it) .
- Add salad ingredients to a large bowl and toss to combine. Top with peanuts and Ramen noodles.
- Drizzle individual servings with dressing and additional lime juice if desired.
Click here to view the recipe